The Word of Life Philippines Statement of Faith
- We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired of God, and they are without error in the original writings, and they are the supreme and final authority for faith and life.
- We believe in one God, creator and sustainer of the universe, Who is Eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, His death to pay the penalty for everyone’s sins, His bodily resurrection, His exaltation at God’s right hand, and His personal, imminent, pretribulational and premillennial return.
- We believe that all have sinned and are therefore guilty before God and are under His condemnation.
- We believe that all who by faith receive Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, therefore children of God and eternally saved, and that the Holy Spirit dwells within every believer to enlighten, guide, and enable the believer in life, testimony, and service. We believed that God answers the prayers of His people and meets their needs according to His purpose.
- We believe that God gives spiritual gifts to all believers for the building up of the body of Christ. However, some gifts of the Spirit, such as tongues and healings, were limited to the early church.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in Glory and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost in hell.
- We believe that all believers are called to a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices and alliances.
- We believe that from the beginning with Adam and Eve, God ordained marriage as only between a man and a woman. All sexual activity outside of marriage, including homosexual practices, is in direct contradiction to God’s Word and His institution of the home.